Monday, June 16, 2008

Just call me Esmerelda

One of my favorite sites is StoryPeople.com. I first learned about StoryPeople when Troy and I wandered into an art gallery in Charleston, SC, 8 years ago or so. Since that time, I have collected some of Brian Andreas' stories. Now, I get a story every day on my computer. I think I'm in somewhat of a whiney, poor me, exhausted mode - anxious for life change (in the direction that I want, of course), but no patience. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep it together and just inch forward, but it all seems chaos. I have always thought of myself as an organized person, but most days, I'm just trying to keep my head above water. Then I received this story that I thought described exactly how I feel on the inside.

Magic

She tapped her finger & nothing happened & she thought she had lost her magic, but it had only changed & it took her awhile to figure it out

Then this got me to thinking about the show, Bewitched. It feels like I'm sort of tripping through that "awhile" period, so that must make me Esmeralda.

No comments: